In the world of ecommerce and hyperlocal, the ‘mobile first’ marketing strategy has been booming like never before. Companies have started targeting the mobile users as a high percentage of population has taken a turn towards mobile web usage in recent times. Some examples like- Uber, Myntra, Grofers, and WhatsApp etc. Mobile apps (mostly with an internet connection) are focused to deliver users maximized value at the convenience of their mobile screens. And no wonder, their adaptability among users has popularized dramatically.
The reason why businesses are “going mobile” is because they have realized that this segment is yet to exploited to its fullest, and that it will turn out to be the ‘next big thing’ in the digitized world. There is a significant evolution in the number of internet users on mobile, across the globe. ‘Mobile first’ concept therefore promises an influential and notable online presence for businesses.
Since the cut-throat competition of being present online and ranked among the top search results has increased, having a website becomes the absolute solution for many. But, the more recent approach of designing mobile versions and then heading towards desktop, sometimes promises higher value to businesses.
However, there is a list of considerations that needs to be addressed before proceeding with the mobile first concept-
- User Experience (UX) – UX is of prime importance. The mobile platform should be easy to use, responsive to adjust to any screen size and accessible on both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Functionality- Over and above the fundamental functions of the mobile app or mobile website, the ‘mobile only’ functions must also be scalable. For example- location based services like in well-known apps: Ola, Swiggy etc., barcode scanning feature and others.
- Navigation- Unlike the desktop versions, the mobile versions have to be operated through user’s touch. This factor should remain a big concern for such mobile app developments.
- Multimedia- The mobile space is comparatively lesser than that of the desktops. Hence, the size of images, videos and other multimedia should be appropriate and each pixel must be optimized. In simpler words, it should be mobile-friendly.
- Content- Presentation of content, images and other information in screen size as less as 4 inches must be ranked foremost. Proper scrolling and browsing between sections must be available to review everything of customer’s interests. Whether it is about finding relevant descriptions on product/ service or reading user reviews etc. – all has to be structured cautiously.
Mobile first designs are for today’s users. Mobiles and smartphones are the present and future of digital era as a lot of users avail ‘mobile only’ web facilities and this number keeps growing. THIS is an alarm to give mobile the priority it deserves.
Do not hold back yourself when Tricon Infotech is there to attend your needs and offer best mobility solutions. Hire our web, android and iOS developers to take your business mobile.